Welcome to this award winning volunteer environmental project, spanning both sides of the delightful River Nene in Peterborough - Access only from the south side.
Access by Nene Valley Railway Station, 15 min walk from Main Railway/Bus Station or by car through the Pleasure Fair Meadow Car Park - Near Railway Bridge - PE2 9PB.
FREE CITY CENTRE Map from:- http://www.visitpeterborough.com
Railworld/Wildlife Haven OPEN APRIL 2015
11:00 till 4:00 - Bring picnic
- Saturday 18th April
- Sunday 19th April
- Saturday 25th April
- Sunday 26th April
- For ALL - Opening Days in 2015 - Please see 'visit us' top of this page.
Make a delightful Day Out. See:- http://www.nvr.org.uk
- Volunteers will also be raising funds,
utilising our car park for POSH Supporters parking - Keep Happy - All the very best for 2015! .... UP THE POSH!!
- We are all looking forward to seeing you
- Model Railway in the Peterborough Telegraph - See http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/what-s-on/leisure-lifestyle/railworld-exhibit-is-ticket-for-model-rail-fans-1-5004927
If you enjoy railways, this is the place to be – The NVR Young Members Group have a Pacific Steam Locomotive from the Danish State Railways under restoration, Our Volunteers have for you a massive 1,500 sq ft Garden Railway, an amazing 7 track ‘OO’ gauge Model Railway – Plus!
Our Wildlife Haven, named after our founder and major benefactor Rev Richard Paten, is an intriguing exciting place for both young and old to explore and learn about nature and how to create a home for our native species.
Once again, this has been created and nurtured by volunteers; Transformed from a derelict coal yard, this habitat creation programme has waterfalls, ponds, nature trails and wonderful places to picnic.
Please explore our website to find out much more.
Railworld/Wildlife Haven and the Peterborough Nene Valley Railway Station are alongside the busy East Coast Main Line and Cross Country Routes - 15 minutes walk from the main Peterborough Rail & Bus Stations -
- Download FREE - Visit Peterborough Handbook, a City Centre or Regional Map.
- PLUS additional information and @morepeterborough twitter offers!
Make a delightful Day Out. See:- www.nvr.org.uk