Welcome to this award winning volunteer Environmental Project - spanning both sides of the delightful River Nene in Peterborough - Access only from the south side of river.
Next to the Nene Valley Railway Station. Just west of the ECML River Bridges - A 15 minute walk from Peterborough's Railway/Bus Station.
Or by car through the Pleasure Fair Meadow Car Park - Oundle Road, Near Railway Bridge - PE2 9PB.
FREE CITY CENTRE Map from:- Right --------->> or to download :- http://www.visitpeterborough.com
Railworld/Wildlife Haven No more OPEN Days for 2015
- 2015! - Thats it .... We are now closed - But if we get a mild winter we will put an announcement on Facebook, Twitter and Website and open on Special Days! Thank you for coming to see us - Volunteers will be working through the winter to make our proejct even better for you next year!!
Please don't forget the
Nene Valley Railway Santa Specials All Based at and only depart from Wansford!NO
pick-up/drop off at Peterborough Nene Valley
- Monthly Railworld Parking Tickets available - £25.00
- POSH Supporters parking - Season tickets available for parking for the football matches ....
- UP THE POSH - Normal Match Day Parking £3.00
- Peterborough Telegraph -
- Model Railway in the Peterborough Telegraph - See
If you enjoy railways, this is a good place to be – The NVR Young Members Group have a Pacific Steam Locomotive from the Danish State Railways under restoration, Our Volunteers have for you a massive 1,500 sq ft Garden Railway, an amazing 7 track ‘OO’ gauge Model Railway – Plus!
Our Wildlife Haven, named after our founder and major benefactor Rev Richard Paten, is an intriguing exciting place for both young and old to explore and learn about nature and how to create a home for our native species.
Please explore our website to find out much more.
See picture of LMS Locomotive 45337 On a demonstration Freight Train at Peterborough Nene Valley Station..... - This loco is planned for service on the 2015 Santa Specials from Wansford and return to Wansford.
Please see -