Railworld is a registered charity (No. 291515) and exists:
- To advance the education of the public in all aspects of Sustainable Transport;
- To advance the education of the public in all aspects of railway travel as a widely acknowledged form of sustainable transport;
- To create an eco-transport centre to be opened to the public for the aforesaid purposes;
- To promote the research and study of the man's mobility and its impact on the world and to publish the useful results of such research;
- To emphasise the role of public education centres in contributing to mutual understanding between the peoples of the world.